Children thrive when they experience nature and the connection it brings to their lives.
Little Kiwis Nature Play provides nature-based education professional training and workshops, online courses and teacher-only days.
Aimed at teachers, principals, managers and parents who are passionate about helping the children in their care experience what nature can bring into their lives.
Our training is New Zealand-specific and we have designed our professional development specifically with the New Zealand educator and our bi-cultural origins in mind. We will help you develop the skills you need to take preschool and primary tamariki outdoors and into nature, aka the outdoor classroom.
Here's what we help you with:
- Figuring out where to start, and how to get everyone on the same page
- Developing practical skills, learn about risk management and meet others who share your passion
- Confidently take your children outdoors to nature and increase their resilience and well-being
- Understand child development and the importance of teaching with heart.
- Run a Bush Kindy Play Group for our community in Ōtautahi
- Offer coaching to parents struggling with challenging behaviours and helping them to advocate for their child/ren
If teachers know how to put nature play safely into action, they can confidently take children outdoors and into nature so our children will grow with resilience, connection and a greater sense of well-being.
Find out more about our: