NZAEE promotes environmental education initiatives at both a national and regional level. We have seven regional branches; Northland, Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato, Wellington, Christchurch and Southern.
- Offers a national environmental education conference every two years
- Coordinates Seaweek at the national level
- Frequently hosts workshops and forums
- Is an active participant in a number of initiatives including the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development.
- Serves in an advisory capacity on an array of environmental education issues.